The evolution of epicurean expression that is Massimo Navarretta has taken many beautiful forms along the more than 30 year journey. Along the way, I’ve been fortunate enough to express myself with restaurants like Enoteca, Scampi, and now Onotria. Growing up on a farm in the vibrant agricultural Italian town of Caserta I stay true to my roots and it is expressed in every dish, as I share glimpses of the first flavors introduced to me as a boy. Starting from my travels in culinary school, I came to understand how through food I could clearly express the essence of each regional cuisine.

Forging relationships with what were, at that time unknown artisanal wine producers (who would later become known as the great producers of their respective regions), I isolated the pronounced flavors inherent in the soil and paired them with local ingredients and intensifying the flavors of each hand crafted dish. This creative and calculated gamble has lead to one of the finest and most sought after cellars in Orange County, coupled with a menu offering dishes whose flavors are complimentary down to your last bite. I am pleased and honored to have you as my guest.

Mangia bene, vivi felice

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

OC Register Praises Chef Massimo & His Delicious Broths!

 
      A great thank you to Cathy Thomas at the OC Register for the wonderful article. To enhance your culinary adventures at home, the Mediterranean and Aromatic broths featured in this article are now for sale at Onotria. Come pick up these delicious broths in two sizes; 32 oz. ($12) and 64 oz ($24).

To read the article in its entirety, click the link!  http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fresh-679491-cook-oil.html

No comments:

Post a Comment