The evolution of epicurean expression that is Massimo Navarretta has taken many beautiful forms along the more than 30 year journey. Along the way, I’ve been fortunate enough to express myself with restaurants like Enoteca, Scampi, and now Onotria. Growing up on a farm in the vibrant agricultural Italian town of Caserta I stay true to my roots and it is expressed in every dish, as I share glimpses of the first flavors introduced to me as a boy. Starting from my travels in culinary school, I came to understand how through food I could clearly express the essence of each regional cuisine.

Forging relationships with what were, at that time unknown artisanal wine producers (who would later become known as the great producers of their respective regions), I isolated the pronounced flavors inherent in the soil and paired them with local ingredients and intensifying the flavors of each hand crafted dish. This creative and calculated gamble has lead to one of the finest and most sought after cellars in Orange County, coupled with a menu offering dishes whose flavors are complimentary down to your last bite. I am pleased and honored to have you as my guest.

Mangia bene, vivi felice

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

L'anima dla cucina di Massimo

l'Anima della Cucina che io amo,e' la ricerca accurata delle materie prime,la profonda conoscenza delle spezie,delle erbe e il tocco artistico che personalizza e da vitalita' ai gusti e agli aromi.L'espressione culturale che si tramanda nel tempo e nei costumi talvalta possono sopprimere,la creativita' rendendo repetitivi i piatti e stagnante l'espressione degli chef.In cucina come nella vita ci vuole passione e coraggio pur evitanto le forzature di sapori e ostentate presentazioni,ma pur sempre portanto gioa,allegria e tenere sempre presente l'impegno morale verso i clienti ,salvaguardare la loro salute con piatti sani .

Translated:
The soul dla cuisine Massimo
Kitchen of the Soul that I love, and 'genuine search of raw materials, in-depth knowledge of spices, herbs, and the artistic touch that personalizes and vitality' to the tastes and aromi.L 'cultural expression that is handed in time and customs talvalta can suppress creativity 'repetitivi making the plates and the expression of stagnant chef.In kitchen as in life it takes passion and courage while evitanto the forces of tastes and ostentatious presentations, which reduced but still joy, joy and always keep in mind the moral commitment to customers, maintain their health with healthy dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment