The evolution of epicurean expression that is Massimo Navarretta has taken many beautiful forms along the more than 30 year journey. Along the way, I’ve been fortunate enough to express myself with restaurants like Enoteca, Scampi, and now Onotria. Growing up on a farm in the vibrant agricultural Italian town of Caserta I stay true to my roots and it is expressed in every dish, as I share glimpses of the first flavors introduced to me as a boy. Starting from my travels in culinary school, I came to understand how through food I could clearly express the essence of each regional cuisine.

Forging relationships with what were, at that time unknown artisanal wine producers (who would later become known as the great producers of their respective regions), I isolated the pronounced flavors inherent in the soil and paired them with local ingredients and intensifying the flavors of each hand crafted dish. This creative and calculated gamble has lead to one of the finest and most sought after cellars in Orange County, coupled with a menu offering dishes whose flavors are complimentary down to your last bite. I am pleased and honored to have you as my guest.

Mangia bene, vivi felice

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

taste of Summer

 


Beautiful memories of summer,walking in the family farm, between  the fragrance and perfumes of , thyme,rosemarylavender ,admiring the beatiful fruit of the season.the colors of wheat fields,the red and yellow poppies, they look like,. flamengo dancers in the fields of  southern Italy.The memories of those moments of conviviality that we spent together whit friends families and community . Helped create what is now the way I cook my way of receiving people.Dishes full of joy with many friends..joy of colors and tastes,lots of laughter and sharing the taste of life,
.The passion to create dishes that wil surprise your palate and stimulate the conversation.Wat is good food?We must make it clear to people what is good food,to many charlatans and snake stories they prepare and sell food that have nothing to do with the quality or the health.My desire to create a communication channel with customers,with people who have an interest in eating well and living with great joy and healt ""Alla buona salute""good healt is an expression very Italian to enclose whatever is dinning,food,friendship.Let celebrate summer with a nice grilled Branzino(seabass) and White peaches vanilla cream with Lavender saffron.I suggest with fish ,Pinot Bianco from the dolomite with aroma of white flowers and sweet acidity a dry finish.With the peachs a moscato di cannelli scents of orange blossom and seet fuit in the mouth and a little bubbly.Salute MASSIMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment